This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Firefox & Adobe Flash manual update.

abergreg

Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:12:33 pm

My first serious problem with Zorin 8. My firefox wouldnt automatically update from firefox 30. nor would my adobe flash.
My software centre still has firefox 30 as the available option to install. I`m guessing theres a problem with the software repository updating itself (probably something ive accidentally blocked). I have managed to manually update Firefox to 35 (and it runs but the systen says its not installed) so I cant do the manual update on flash for that reason. I dont want to update to Zorin 9 because my youngest son has a couple of years worth of university files in documents and I dont have enough media to back it up. HELP! the adobe messages are driving me nuts.
It would be a very useful tool given the frequency of all new Linux versions if Upgrades from (say) Zorin 9 to ( could be done without a fresh install.

Wolfman

Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:13:15 pm

Hi,

to update Zorin 8 to Zorin 9, follow this guide and you won't lose your data or settings!:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4848

For problems with normal updates, follow this guide:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247