This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Black screen after opening browser sometime

itsgauravjain22

Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:46:25 pm

My display goes blank whenever i open chrome or firefox and surf one or two pages..This happened me 5 times from now..you tube in chrome always gives blank display..i recently(before 2 hours) updated the zorin and noticed that kernel version is updated..i also installed uget download manager recently..dont know what is making the problem...update or uget do the problem..plz help. :roll:

Wolfman

Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:25:53 pm

Hi,

do you have an Nvidia graphics card?, if so; did you read this?:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2490

Have you fully updated your system?:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2247

itsgauravjain22

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:52:36 am

Thanks wolfman for the reply. .
Today I again updated zorin & kernel updated too.. last figure i remember is 45..i dont have nvidia nor radeon gpu.. just intel pentium dual core t2310 processor. . it is compaq pressario c707tu laptop with increased 2gb ram..graphics is intel 965gm & zorin os9 64bit..
Now it is not sometime going to black Screen but almost evertime goes black Screen while surfing.. google chrome is running better than firefox but at some stage, both make black display. . also i purge openjdk-7-* from running command on net as i want to install oracle jdk8. i don't whatever creates the problem. . can i send any log to you.. please tell me how to send log.. i have zorin 9 on pc running fine.. its just latop that create problems..

update:
i think its not the vbrowsers problem..i played you tube video and this happens..the music still playing...i typed ALT+CTRL+F2 and music stops..then pressing alt +ctrl+f7 resume it..shells working right..then i closed the lit and open it display resume..it may not be browser problem i guess but some system app. how do i identify it..plz help.
Thanks

Wolfman

Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:46:17 pm

Hi,

how you did you install your system as I think it is something to do with the way you installed your system?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771

Did you follow the tips in the above link?.

You can try running the following terminal command (Ctrl + Alt + t) and hope that it fixes the problem for you:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

RESTART AFTER RUNNING THE ABOVE COMMAND!.

Let us know how you get on. :D

itsgauravjain22

Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:05:15 pm

okk the problem is resolved now..dont know what the bugs is.. I have changed the power settings to for dim the the diplay to never before the problem occurs..i changed again to never....the blackout problem remains as it is...now one day, when black out occur, i closed the laptop lid and again open it..now it working good...dont know whats this wierd issue, but it now resolved..
Very thanks Wolfman for the reply and effort by you..