This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Burg bootloader - Zorin Icons + lots of zorin boot options

7vincent7black7

Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:16:26 pm

First of all, this will probably be the 2nd of at least 3 threads regarding unrelated questions and issues. I'm new to linux, so I guess bear with me and I hope to learn.

For instance. I blindly installed Burg as a new bootloader without installing buc and super-boot-master first, which works fine that way all things considered. I did it right the first time, and it works for the most part. I finally installed buc and then sbm through the Software Center. Primarily, I was hoping to do this in order to resolve 2 issues referenced in the Subject.

A), my Windows 7 Ultimate has its own icon for all the various themes, but my Zorin OS boot option has no icons, only question marks. If I look in the /boot/burg/themes folder and in the icons folder of each respective theme folder, there are not any Zorin icons. Obviously, I have to install a custom icon or two for my Zorin boot options, which is a bit over my head, for any theme that does not include them naturally, because burg's theme does not have this issue. Neither should the Azenis theme for Burg that includes its own custom Zorin OS icons. It includes 3 icons, a normal one, small, and large. However, this theme does not display its zorin icons either. It too has that tendency to show all but my windows distro with ?'s as the icons, and of course with no text under the icons, I don't know what I am clicking.

Do you think you could help illuminate me on the exact procedure for editing the burg.cfg file, in order to adjust the class?

B) Put simply, I have 2 generic zorin OS boot options, one of htem is the recovery mode. Then, I have the generic with efi boot options, also 2, and sometimes with certain themes I have 2 more than that. And if I open Super-boot-master, I have a final one with its description under its name referencing the specific partition of my 2TB harddrive to which Zorin OS 9 is installed. As if this final option that never shows up in boot options was the original that my Zorin mbr used before I installed the burg bootloader and had it detect more options.

Is there a text file I can open where I can delete references to a few of those options and have one generic boot option, one recovery option, and one windows option?

Wolfman

Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:12:08 pm

Hi,

I have never done it but I found this:

http://www.jasonernst.com/2011/01/29/ho ... cal-grub2/

Other than that, please take the time to read through their help pages here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Burg

Hope it helps. :D