This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

AWN frequently dissapears +

zeta

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:23:20 am

everytime I plug in my external monitor the awn dissapears In addition to whatever window is open the options for in are left of the awn. Whn the awn dissapears which I have found to happen seemingly for no reason the current program window i have open the options for it are instead left of the awn, in place of it when the awn is missing. I cannot restart my computer everytime this happens, and i need those statuses viewable while windows are open, unlike those that are applets on the desktop.
-Zeta
on an Asus 64bit, Intel celeron 847 @1.1GHz x2, 1.8gb ram, Zorin 9

zeta

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:31:50 am

As seen bottom right corner is boxed / highlighted w/o regular options, when options are available they are boxed / highlighted as well.
-Zeta

Swarfendor437

Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:48:07 pm

Wolfman

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:13:16 pm

Hi,

you can use "Docky" and place it at the top of your desktop which is what I do and you can drag apps you use often to it!!

To install via terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) (pre-installed in Zorin OS Ultimate):

Code:
sudo apt-get install docky

http://wiki.go-docky.com/index.php?title=Documentation

If you cannot access the AWN panel because it has closed, you can open it again with this command:

Code:
avant-window-navigator

(Closing the terminal will stop AWN!)

The clock vanishing seems to be theme related, it happens periodically to me too, if you log out and back in again, it normally returns, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to log out. (I know that that answer isn't a solution but it helps!. :D )