This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Set numlock on when Zorin 9 Lite boot up

JL68

Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:00:42 pm

I followed Wolfman's instruction to install the numlockx. Then type in : echo "/usr/bin/numlockx on" >> /etc/xdg/lxsession/Lubuntu/autostart and hit Enter. It said that permission denied. What can I do ?

Thanks in advance.

Swarfendor437

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:54:13 pm

Did you run the 'sudo' command? You may need greater privileges - open a terminal, (Ctrl+ Alt+ T) and enter:

Code:
gksudo nautilus
- but open a new terminal window to make any sudo commands - not the same one that escalated your privileges! :D

Wolfman

Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:26:56 am

JL68 wrote:I followed Wolfman's instruction to install the numlockx. Then type in : echo "/usr/bin/numlockx on" >> /etc/xdg/lxsession/Lubuntu/autostart and hit Enter. It said that permission denied. What can I do ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

are you logging in as "Guest"?, if you are, you cannot do anything administrative!. That command in the Zorin Lite guide works no problem when you are logged in as the main user of the PC!.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4835

JL68

Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:31:32 pm

I am the only user for this computer. So I set it up with no need to type the password to boot up this computer. Is it mean that I log in as the guest ?
But when I installed the numlockx I did need to type in the administrator's password. In the same Terminal I type in the second command then it said that permission denied. It didn't ask me for the password on the second command.

Suddenly, I noticed the numlock light was on. I remembered that I didn't hit the numlock button. So I reboot the computer and the numlock light was on automatically after the boot up even it said that permission denied. I don't know why.

Anyway, this problem was solved even if there still a question no answer.

Thanks for your help.

Wolfman

Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:58:56 am

All's well that ends well!. Have marked as solved!. :D