This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Keyboard layout

Manxjohn

Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:25:47 am

I have just installed Zorin 9 lite, but during the installation I seem to have left the keyboard in US style. I'm sure that there is a way to change this without having to unistall/re-install everything! I have found instructions to effect the change in the full version of Zorin 9, but the same procedure is not possible in the lite version, as the menus don't allow it. I'm happy to do it via Terminal, but don't know the commands.

Wolfman

Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:09:12 am

Hi and welcome,

keyboard settings are near the bottom!.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1699&p=5927#p5927

Wolfman

Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:09:52 am

Manxjohn

Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:27:23 am

Well yes, but left click does nothing and right click brings up a menu mainly related to the panel itself. The top option looked promising, 'Keyboard layout handler settings', but the left hand panel is greyed out, so I can't access it...

Using the Zorin menu, the only entry that looks to be a possiblity is under 'preferences' & 'language'. I've deleted everything except English and rebooted, but the US keyboard is still there.

I've looked on various sites, but the instructions refer to the full version of Zorin and the menus differ. Looks as if the only option is to take it off & start again - a somewhat time consuming option as it's dual booted with W7...

Manxjohn

Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:47:27 am

Sorry!! Missed the second link which has solved the problem - many thanks.