This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

wireless connection drops when downloading

adhawk

Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:48:50 pm

Hello, I am totally new to linux, so please bare with me. I have installed Zorin 9 Lite on my old Dell Inspiron 600m. It has the Intel Pro Wireless 2100 3b Mini PCI adapter. Everything works great, except when I try to download anything of any size, my wireless connection drops and I have to reset my router. I can't do the Zorin software update either. I did not have this problem with windows xp. I tried downloading the .inf driver from Intel and installing it with Play on Linux, and it said it was already installed. Keep in mind, I don't know any terminal commands. It's all a bit much for me to understand, right now. I don't understand how to install apps either, but that's another question, alltogether. First I need to be able to download. I've been googling, but haven't found my specific problem. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

adhawk

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:00:45 pm

So, I plugged in a network cable and did the zorin software update, and now i get no wireless connection at all when I unplug the network cable. Rebooted and nothing.

adhawk

Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:31:15 am

I should also mention that I have an old Belkin F5d7230-4 wireless G router. After reading some other posts, this might be the problem, the way that it is set up. I had to reset it often with windows but never because of downloading.

madvinegar

Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:02:22 am

Can you please post back the results of the following terminal commands:

lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
lsusb
sudo lshw -c network
sudo rfkill list all
lsmod