This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Problem - Zorin look changer

Домин

Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:15:49 am

Hello guys, I am new here and sorry if I not posted this thread on right section. :)
After last time I update my Zorin OS 9 about two days ago, I have some problem and really hope this will be solved.
I choose my desktop look like Gnome 2 . And this worked for me very nice. But, after update something happen with Applets (Indicator 3 Applet) - they disappear! and I try back it, but no results. Now I must use Windows 7 look.Any chance to fix this, please? :(

Stephanie

Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:50:34 am

Hi Домин and welcome to Zorin Forums :D

You may try Repairing Broken Files (System) please see the link below >

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:11:03 am

Try moving the panel to a different location and back again - this has worked for users of the Win7 look. Alternatively, you could try my Win7 look work around:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7983

or you may like to look at Cairo-Dock:

download/file.php?id=3356&mode=view

Wolfman

Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:41:31 pm

Hi,

go here and download a new theme or two then change the Zorin theme using Tweak Tool for something new and the problem should solve itself!:

http://www.noobslab.com/p/themes-icons.html

If you don't have Tweak Tool installed, install it with this terminal command (Ctrl + Alt + t):

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool

Домин

Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:05:53 pm

Thank you all. Finally, I set up and I like it. Looks greate&new, and need some time to used to. I decided to install Cairo-dock. And this is how my desktop looks now. Regards

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:16:08 pm

Looking Good! Will mark as [SOLVED]! :D