This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Make music players prevent sleep states

andy3142

Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:54:57 am

I can't play music with Audacious or Gnome MPlayer in Zorin 9 Lite. After 5 minutes the computer goes to sleep and the music stops. I wake it up and the music starts ... and stops .... driving me mad.

I cannot even find where I can entirely prevent sleep/screensaver. There's a thing called Light Locker but it doesn't seem to do the job, though hard to tell as it only adapts to a much bigger screen size than I have, so it is hard to see the settings screen.

But the main thing is that the machine stays awake while music is playing.

Many thanks

Andy

Wolfman

Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:38:51 am

Hi Andy,

take a look at the Zorin Lite post install guide and this section: "Adding apps to the LXDE startup list (Autostart):" (Default applications for LXDE session) take out anything related to screensaving by un-clicking the box:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4835

There is also an entry in the menu for screensaving/screenlocker, I don't have time to check my version of Zorin Lite at the mo!. :D

Wolfman

Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:44:47 pm

Edit:

Take a look at my screenshot of "Autostart" (Default applications for LXDE session) and take note of the fact that I switched off: Power Manager, Screenlocker , and Screensaver:

LXSession configuration_006.jpg

You might also want to add the following command to the startup list (you'll see it in my pic):

Code:
xset -dpms s off s noblank s 0 0 s noexpose