This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

bushfilm

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:53:25 pm

Does Skype offer a version that will work with Zorin 9 Lite? If so, where is best download site? Thanks.

bushfilm

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:55:00 pm

Also, where is best site for Zorin (Linux) software downloads?

Wolfman

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:13:37 pm

Hi,

see the update guide and set your software sources accordingly:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Skype from the Ubuntu repos will work in Zorin Lite no problem but you must make sure that the Canonical repos are marked!. (See the guide)

bushfilm

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:43:40 pm

Sorry, but I have no idea what "make sure that the Canonical repos are marked!" means. Does it have to do with the Catholic church? :) Just kidding, I am VERY new to Linux so I'm afraid you'll have to talk way down to me. Thanks for your help!

Wolfman

Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:48:04 am

Hi,

look at this section in the update guide: Software Sources Settings:

Look at the 3 pics and the 2nd and 3rd pics in particular as it shows you what boxes (at least) you should have ticked, Canonical is important for so called nonfree software which includes Skype and is not ticked by default.

There is also (Ubuntu) Software Center which depends on you having the repos marked correctly otherwise not all software will show in the list, take note that not all software listed in the software center is free.

Software Centre_004.jpg

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1778&p=6447#p6447

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:56:08 am

See my tutorial video on removing Skype that comes with Zorin as it is not current:

https://vimeo.com/115626202