This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How to make blizzard client work Oo?

Hyperion

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:18:22 pm

Hello

Today i really wanted to play Diablo 3, and currently only using awsome Zorin OS as my System.
My question is simple, possible to make the Clien of Blizzard work on this system if it runs over WINE?

I tried to make it work but wont start for some reason, and if it DOES start, it shuts down for some reason... any ideas? Would help ALOT and APRECIATE it alot if D3 could be installed :P

Thanks! :D

Wolfman

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:33:04 pm

Hi,

try installing Wine 1.7 via the terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t):

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install wine1.7

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=13484

Hyperion

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:57:48 pm

Well i updated WINE via the Terminal as u said, now the Blizzard Client works... but whenever i try to hit the "Install" button on the client Diablo 3 Tab, it's giving me this popup window and just keeps loading, loading, loading and so on...

Nothing happens Oo?
Ideas?

Thanks for the Terminal idea btw :P...

Wolfman

Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:09:41 pm

Hi,

have you installed the package "mono-complete"?:

Code:
sudo apt-get install mono-complete

RESTART YOUR PC ONCE INSTALLED!.

Hyperion

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:29:23 pm

It works now x)
Thanks! :D

Downloading & Installing... just hopes no more errors will occour with the actual game hehe x)

Wolfman

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:23:49 am

Hi,

good to hear, I have marked as solved!. :D

Hyperion

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:56:56 am

Hi again!

I tried installing via the clien today and got this error message:

There was a problem with one of the files (longer message, but in short that's what it said).
Please click on the following link to see the error. Or cancel and hit update if u want to try again.

I did all of it... even uninstalled and installed again.. still the same, it happens under the install. Ideas? :)

PS:

I think it might have something to do with the damn administrative rights in WINE? Should i install over Terminal etc to make sure all the files isn't locked? Might just be the reason i think?

And if so, how to install it over Terminal?

Thanks alot! x)

Wolfman

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:05:03 am

Sorry, I thought you said it was working?.

Try taking a look here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft

Hyperion

Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:34:20 pm

Sorry about the late reply, thanks, will take a look at it later when i get home.

Will reply when i have tested it again :)
Thanks! :)