This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[CLOSED] Can't change Login Screen

Wolfman

Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:14:43 pm

I did use a pic from my wallpaper folder!. :D

Just as a footnote, I tried using Dconf-Editor but it didn't work, here is the path if you want to try it yourself, I managed to change the path to a pic I posted as root in the /usr/share/backgrounds folder but it still didn't help, I then set it to default again:

dconf Editor_016.jpg

Wolfman

Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:16:25 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:See my Global Announcement here :D :

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9001

Hi Swarf,

I tried your method but it didn't work for me!. :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:11:22 pm

I am using an AMD processor - wonder if that is the issue? Graphics is nVidia but using nouveau drivers? :D

Wolfman

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:39:45 pm

Hi Swarf,

I have AMD and Nividia with the 304 drivers, maybe it does make a difference?, the way I described earlier by editing the lightdm.conf > greeter-session is the only way that I have got it to work thus far!. :D

Swarfendor437

Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:00:00 pm

I suspect that could be the issue - if I use proprietary drivers the 'blue effect' takes hold and none of the colours are accurate - nouveau every time for me! :D

Wolfman

Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:00:48 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:I suspect that could be the issue - if I use proprietary drivers the 'blue effect' takes hold and none of the colours are accurate - nouveau every time for me! :D

Hi swarf,

the blue background (I assume you are talking about flash streaming) is caused by "Hardware Acceleration" which you can disable by starting a flash vid and right click the screen > Settings > Disable Hardware Acceleration. :D

Swarfendor437

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:46:14 pm

Even if I do that - it is still not very good - don't want to hijack this thread with different issue - would be interesting to know if anyone using nouveau drivers running having similar issues? :D

Wolfman

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:39:09 pm

Hi Swarf,

I have split the thread so we can chat on our own!. :D

I am still nowhere nearer to solving the problem!. :D

Original thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8842

Swarfendor437

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:59:35 pm

Hi Wolfman, as there are issues with other users (and mods! :D ) I deleted my global post on a solution as clearly it was not the answer. Now I don't remember installing 'Gnome-full' but when I boot now (and this was before I added Cairo Dock I get Gnome-metacity and Gnome-flashback as alternatives to Zorin Default and Zorin (no effects) - is this a possible reason why I don't have the issue? I vaguely remember it did happen to me once but I changed the wallpaper to something else and then it stuck.

Wolfman

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:22:59 am

Hi Swarf,

I too installed "gnome" (I always install the full gnome package on Zorin OS Core!) but I don't think that that is the problem, I suspect it is a bug because Ubuntu Tweak can't hack it either!. :D

Swarfendor437

Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:52:45 pm

Strange it affects some and not others! :D

Wolfman

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:35:40 am

Well it is something I can live with as it isn't system critical!.

Shall we close this thread now?. :D

Swarfendor437

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:37:26 am

Yes, fine by me - have marked as such! :D