This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Package Operation Failed

thomasjdavis

Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:17:45 am

After installing Zorin OS 9 I have been unable to install any updates. I receive the message: Package operation failed The installation or removal of a software package failed. The two choices are "Settings" or "OK". Support has asked me to try the following which have not resolved the problem:

In order to install updates to Zorin OS please go to Start > search & open "Software Updater" and install the updates from there.
If this doesn't work for you please try going to Start > search & open "Synaptic", press the "Reload" button followed by the "Mark All Updates" and "Apply" to install the updates from there.

Please press Ctrl+Alt+T to open the Terminal and enter the following command to attempt to fix this issue: sudo apt-get update
Afterwards please try entering the following command to attempt a software update: sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Please try the following steps:
Go to Start > search & open "Synaptic Package Manager".
Search for these packages and mark them for re-installation: plymouth-theme-ubuntu-logo & plymouth-theme-ubuntu-text
Press the Apply button at the top of the window to perform the reinstallation.
If you are not able to mark these packages for reinstallation, please mark them for removal, Apply the changes and then mark them for installation before pressing Apply again.

If the startup screen in Zorin OS now says "Ubuntu", please open Start > System Tools > Zorin Splash Screen Manager. Then click "Change Default Theme" and open the "zorin" folder to select the "zorin.plymouth" file.

If you are not able to mark these packages for reinstallation, please mark them for removal, Apply the changes and then mark them for installation before pressing Apply again.

Wolfman

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:59:35 am

Hi,

run dpkg per the update guide:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

A NETWORK CABLE CONNECTION IS REQUIRED FOR THIS TO WORK!. :D