This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Display Resolution settings

jowilker

Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:33:25 pm

We just had an 18 hour power outage from a snow storm. When the power came back on both of my desktop computers Win 7 Pro & Zorin 9 64 bit that share my monitor, keyboard & mouse by IOGEAR switch had lost their resolution settings. Everything on the screen was extra large. I run an AOC E2251S LED monitor. I contacted their tech support and was told to right click the screen on Windows select Screen resolution, click screen resolution box, choose next higher setting, click apply, Wa la all is done.

Display setting on the zorin machine is dead, reads Unkown Display, resolution 1024 X 768 (4.3) can't adjust anything, have searched and searched the internet for answers, downloaded some drivers from AOC but have no clue what to do with them.

What's the word?

John

Wolfman

Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:40:33 pm

Hi John,

look in the monitor settings (on the monitor itself) for the reset function, do this while the PC is off and then switch the PC on!. :D

Swarfendor437

Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:10:37 pm

In addition to what Wolfman has said, try this - assuming you can see GRUB (Zorin bootloader) and press 'E' to edit the configuration and enter the following:

Code:
acpi=off nomodeset xforcevesa nolapic

:D

jowilker

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:32:25 am

Close it SOLVED. My local guy finally responded, the KMV was blocking the info from passing. At his suggestion, I plugged the monitor directly into both computers one at a time and was able to set the monitor correctly. Never been this good on Zorin.

John

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:37:57 am

Glad you are sorted John! :D