This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Virtualbox guest additions

Compuser

Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:20:55 pm

Installing guest additions seem in VB seems to be a separate topic.

I downloaded the iso so it showed on my desktop in Zorin and then clicked on deviceat the top of my screen. It says "insert guest additions cd ". I did that but it still shows under device. Should it still show ? So I saw the disc icon on my zorin desktop - I right clicked that and opened it and ran it. It seemed to install. But on the terminal it did not use the word "installed" after it completed. How do I know if it is installed ? I looked on my oracle VM virtualbox manager. Then I looked at settings and storage. It seems to be in the list saying VB guest additions as opposed to "empty" for the iso thing. As far as I remember it automatically went into VB after the alleged install but I am not certain if I added it in through "adding". Also nothing seems addable as before with new iso's for devices or such like - this might be a good sign as VB might be controlled by the main computer devices now instead - hence virtualbox additions is actually added. I am really not sure if VB additions is part of VB yet though - is there a way to confirm this ? - perhaps icons below or a terminal command confirming this is possible ? I can't be certain from the VB icons so far- that I am looking at ?

Wolfman

Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:35:52 am

Hi,

I don't do VB but you can take a look here:

http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Ubuntu-on-VirtualBox

Let us know if it helps!. :D