This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) K3b install

adripa18

Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:37:27 am

Good morning. I have problem to install K3b (burning) in zorin 9 core. From Software Center the installation stops saying that I do not have the permissions Necessary. Same situation for Okular program. The attached figure shows my configuration.
Can somebody help me? Thank you very much.

Wolfman

Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:48:07 am

Hi,

first check your software sources settings against those of the update guide and change the software download location if necessary:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

When you say you don't have permission, you are the only main user on the PC aren't you?, if you are logging in as a different user to the administrator, you won't be able to do anything administrative!.
If you created other user accounts, make sure you log in as admin to install software!. You might want to use the user management tool, open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) and paste the following command to install it:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-system-tools

Zorin Menu > System Tools > Administration > Users & Groups

Swarfendor437

Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:53:55 pm

Are you sure you did not logn as 'Guest'? ;)

adripa18

Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:44:09 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

first check your software sources settings against those of the update guide and change the software download location if necessary:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

When you say you don't have permission, you are the only main user on the PC aren't you?, if you are logging in as a different user to the administrator, you won't be able to do anything administrative!.
If you created other user accounts, make sure you log in as admin to install software!. You might want to use the user management tool, open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) and paste the following command to install it:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-system-tools

Zorin Menu > System Tools > Administration > Users & Groups

RE:
I will do and I will check what you suggested. Thank you very much :-)

adripa18

Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:43:25 am

Thanks for your kindness. I am trying to configure it differently :-)

Wolfman

Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:26:37 am

adripa18

Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:42:45 pm

Resolved thank you :-) I had to clear sorce code in software center and keep selected only main. Greetings :-)