This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) BLEACHBIT problem

SteveJ

Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:15:56 pm

I ran Bleachbit as root and it wouldn't finish, so I quit the program. I re-ran it again as root & had the same problem. Then I tried running w/o root privileges and it did finish. I did get a message about a directory being out of space but I've seen that before. The problem I now have is with Firefox. After it opens onto my 2 home pages, I can't get to any other location without it freezing.

Any help appreciated...

SteveJ

Wolfman

Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:01:06 pm

Hi Steve,

do a full system update per the update guide and see if it fixes the problem, check your software sources download location!:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

SteveJ

Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:14:52 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi Steve,

do a full system update per the update guide and see if it fixes the problem, check your software sources download location!:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

OK, I'll give that a try.

Thanx,

Steve

SteveJ

Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:39:39 pm

SteveJ wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

OK, I'll give that a try.

Thanx,

Steve

OK, I did a full system update as you recommended:
sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo apt-get install -f[/b

I also had this error message:
[b]LOW DISK SPACE - The volume "File System root" has only 0 bytes disk space remaining

I then used sudo apt-get clean to free up some space.

After all this, I again tried to uninstall Firefox because it still froze when loading new pages
and I still got the original error message. :-(

Any help appreciated,

SteveJ

KevMcG

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:04:33 am

Have you any extra kernels from updates?
I had about 6-7GB of extra kernels before I realised and removed them.

Wolfman

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:28:58 am

Hi Steve,

part of your problem might be the lack of free space on your root partition, how big is it?, I normally use about 15 - 20 GB for my root partitions, don't forget that apps like web browsers need space for their temporary files and that might be the reason why FF is crashing on you?.

SteveJ

Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:13:23 am

part of your problem might be the lack of free space on your root partition, how big is it?, I normally use about 15 - 20 GB for my root partitions, don't forget that apps like web browsers need space for their temporary files and that might be the reason why FF is crashing on you?.

Wolfman,

You might be correct. I used GParted to add about 8GB to root by shrinking swap from 16GB to 8GB. I just tried FF while I had Chromium runing and FF seems OK now. Thanks for your help! :D

SteveJ.

Wolfman

Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:33:54 am

Alrighty then Steve, I have marked your thread as solved!. :D

For future reference, see this guide about swap sizes:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwapFaq