This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Dell/ Broadcom 1390 WLAN Minicard

Altern881

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:45:19 pm

First, I would like to say that this is my first experience with Linux. I have been looking for a replacement for XP on my old Latitude D620, and Zorin Lite seems to fit perfectly. Well, almost. So far the experience has been great. It's snappy, comes with everything I need, and was easy to set up.

I wiped my hard drive and did a full install with wired internet. Once it was complete, I started Additional Drivers and it concluded that I needed proprietary drivers for my wireless card. I installed them, and it said I needed to restart. I did so, but when I restarted and unplugged my ethernet cable, I still had to option for WiFi. Now, when I open Additional Drivers, it says no proprietary drivers are installed, and that none are available.

Wolfman

Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:09:05 am

Hi,

using your "Network Cable", run "DPKG" per the update guide and be sure to check your software sources download location is set to "Main":

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Please wait for Madvinegar to advise you further on the WiFi problem but updating fully might solve that!.

Let us know if this helps.

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4835

madvinegar

Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:29:11 am

Can you please open terminal (ctrl+Alt+T) run the following commands and post back the results you will get:

lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
lsusb
sudo lshw -c network
sudo rfkill list all
lsmod