This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Just some sound configuration help, if anyoen can help

CWestervelt

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:57:19 pm

SO I have an Envy 24 card (ic_Ensemble 1720/24)
MOdule loads, I have dealt with the other sound devices such as the Raedon HDMI audio, so they aren;t an issue.
I have sound now.
The issue is that it's only producing stereo.
I have found this page regarding a better module, but can't figure out what to do about it, as those commadn result in nothing. PRobably because there is no source.
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index. ... le-ice1724
Help on that would rock.
I was also told two days ago by a life long linux admin that he has forced the load of the 1712 module and obtained full functionality... HE hasn't replied yet as to how one goes about making lnux a module other than what it feels is the matching one.

So, vt1720/24
Zorin OS9 Ultiamate
Need 7.1 or at least 5.1 / quad analog
stuck in stereo
already searched for a module, can't get it to work.
Already added default channels and channel made to daemon.conf in etc/pulse
no luck

Wolfman

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:44:33 pm

Hi,

had a similar escapade with this thread:

https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/solved- ... work/747/2

I assume you are after quad sound?, see the last post from "bornagainpenquin" or read the whole thread!. :D

Hope it helps. :D

CWestervelt

Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:18:22 pm

SO far so good. I've had to blacklist the other cards as I cannot launch padevchooser at all. IT belongs to root.
Tha link provided much info , but ultiately the fix didn't work in adding options for teh Ensemble, no idea why. Adding the model and all that caused a dummy output with no sound at all.

I got ALSA to see teh surround, lfe etc, but not rear channels, which I can deal with I guess.

Pulse, pulse seems to think it's only capable of stereo and adding channels in daemon.conf causes a loss of all things sound related.
Any idea where to go from ehre?

15 years+ in linux, adn this is still what I spend most of my time doing? lol

Anyways, where to go, if anyoen can help that'd be much appreciated.

Wolfman

Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:00:32 am