This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Password not excepted

Nanny Puddles

Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:36:05 pm

Hello all. I am having a small problem entering my password (Zorin 9) after I write a sudo comand. I type the password and enter but I get the following message:

[sudo] password for server:
Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for server:

I have search the sites but I have not found anyone that has this issue.

Thanking you in advance.
Nancy

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:17:59 pm

:D Are you sure you are not logged in as 'Guest'?

Wolfman

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:57:48 am

Further to Swarfs question, at the login screen, can you see your normal user name or just the "Guest" account?, at the login screen, press the arrow keys, up/down/left/right and make sure that your user name shows and select that one!. :D

Nanny Puddles

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:52:51 pm

Hello Wolfman, How have you been? No not a guest, I have no guest accounts set up. I can use the password on software centre no problem. Buy the way I have 2 laptops & 1 tower running Zorin. I installed XBMC Kodi a couple of weeks ago on the Satelite using terminal no problem. I got it all set up and was going to upgrade the other 2 when the password issue started. All 3 will not type the password. I am starting to think it may have been an update as XBMC is not installed on 2 of the 3PC's. Only 1 has a dual boot to windows .
Thank you again for your help.

Nancy
P.S. Still loving Zorin!

Wolfman

Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:02:34 pm

Hi Nancy,

run DPKG per the update guide and set your download sources to "Main":

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Nanny Puddles

Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:15:56 pm

Perfect! The first PC I worked on I ran DPKG as per the update guide and then set my download sources to Main. 2nd PC I just set my download sources to Main and that worked as well. I had read the artical before that you linked but I would have never figgured that setting to main would have worked.
Thank you again for your help.

Now back to upgrading XBMC to Kodi

Best regards,
Nancy

Wolfman

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:32:25 am

Alrighty Nancy, will mark as solved!. :D