This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Vudu Movies - Firefox? Chrome?

garretthylltun

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:07:06 pm

Didn't turn anything up with a search for Vudu here, so I'm hoping someone might know what's up with this.

Using latest Zorin OS Lite, just installed a few days ago, updates applied, firewall and Clam added per tips here on forums. Also added the files for Netflix to work in Chrome, which it worked with only adding the files.

I can't seem to get my movies on Vudu to show up.. the player shows up, but the movies just don't play. Chrome actually goes through the motion of at least showing me the "Buffering" dialog, Firefox doesn't. I even select SD(standard def) and still a no go :-(

any tips/idea/suggestions are greatly appreciated and thanks in advance,
~Garrett

Wolfman

Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:18:11 am

Hi Garrett,

try installing this package via the terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t):

Code:
sudo apt-get install pepperflashplugin-nonfree

Are you using Google Chrome or Chromium browser as I find that Chromium now sucks!. (My opinion) :D

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9121

garretthylltun

Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:48:01 pm

Oh well. It didn't work. Tried Flixter as well in both Chrome and Firefox and a no go there too.

I may uninstall both browsers, purge, reboot and then reinstall them without syncing them with their backup services. It could be a plugin/add-on that I'm using in both browsers causing it.

Wolfman

Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:50:15 am

Hi,

you might find a link or answer here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/281936/h ... ce-to-work