This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

"Z" Button Missing

nate_o23

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:12:42 am

I am new to linux and Zorin so bare with a newbie. Here is my problem... I installed Zorin 9 Lite on 3 different Dell Latitude 2100 for my kids to use. Everything was going good until the "Z" button in the lower left corner disappeared on 2 of the 3 computers. Not sure what kids did to make it disappear and Im not smart enough to figure out how to get it back. Any help would be appreciated!

Wolfman

Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:47:10 am

Hi,

take a look at the Zorin Lite post install guide "Adding or Removing icons to/from the LXDE panel:"!:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4835

nate_o23

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:04:27 pm

Wolfman-Thanks for the reply! that did help but Im not seeing the Z button listed in the "avaliable applications" menu. Do you know where it is?

Anonymous

Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:36:00 pm

Default : /usr/share/lubuntu/images/zorin-logo.png
Here's a copy of the [ Z ]
Keep a copy in a safe place !!!! :D :D

Wolfman

Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:01:41 pm

nate_o23 wrote:Wolfman-Thanks for the reply! that did help but Im not seeing the Z button listed in the "avaliable applications" menu. Do you know where it is?

Hi,

is the menu there even though there is no button icon?. :D

Save the button icon Gizmuntu posted, right click the bottom panel and then on "Add", look for menu > Add, if it is on the right, use the up arrow key to move it along the panel to the left!. :D

Panel Preferences_009.jpg

Add plugin to panel_010.jpg

If you need the icon, right click the menu button > Menu Settings > Browse to where you saved it and add the icon again!. :D

Menu_011.jpg