This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Feedback on first experiences

pol1958

Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:34:46 am

some issues at the moment, cannot install printers, i have two network printers at the moment which is working fine with my mac and window pc. its a brother mfc-L22703DW and HL-2270DW.
second issue: i have installed youtube app, but cannot play videos, message i am getting cannot play due to country setting?

Wolfman

Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:28:17 am

pol1958 wrote:some issues at the moment, cannot install printers, i have two network printers at the moment which is working fine with my mac and window pc. its a brother mfc-L22703DW and HL-2270DW.
second issue: i have installed youtube app, but cannot play videos, message i am getting cannot play due to country setting?

Hi,

are you trying to install a wireless printer without first setting it up with a USB cable?.

http://support.brother.com/g/s/id/linux ... edirect=on

Use Google Chrome/Chromium browser and install "Hola" and change your location IP:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... meio?hl=en

pol1958

Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:57:12 am

wolfman,
yes the printers ae already network connected, both are wireless. zorin can see it when i tried to add printers

Wolfman

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:01:23 am

Hi,

try running this terminal command (Ctrl + Alt + t) with both printers plugged in via USB and of course; switched on!:

Code:
sudo apt-get udpate && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

pol1958

Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:02:27 am

these 2 printers are already in my home network. so i have to disconnect them from the network and connect them locally via usb. is this the only option?

Wolfman

Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:23:58 am

Hi,

if you didn't set the printers first using a USB cable; then yes!.

Always set-up a printer using a USB cable first in Linux, you can fiddle about with networking any time after!. :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:00:45 pm

Just to add you need to do that with some models in Windows, such as HP all-in-ones which I had to reinstall after reinstalling XP for someone a few years back. ;)