This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How to switch between Zorin and Win 8.1

Erndog

Sat May 02, 2015 5:46:51 pm

I have Zorin and Win 8 on separate drives. I have it set up in the BIOS with Zorin in the first position so when I turn on the computer it boots to Zorin. I would like to be able to switch to Windows from Zorin and back to Zorin without going into the BIOS. Is there a more seam-less way to do that?
Thx

fflmarco

Sat May 02, 2015 6:06:52 pm

Boot Menu. i think F12 or F8 then select your drive. i hope it will fix your problem.

Wolfman

Sat May 02, 2015 7:23:40 pm

It might also be the "Esc" key which it is on my HP Compaq, check your PC manul!. :D

Swarfendor437

Sat May 02, 2015 9:59:11 pm

Erndog

Sun May 03, 2015 12:13:58 am

Thx for the replies but I am able to change drives through the BIOS (F12 on my computer) but I was hoping there was an easier way.
The easyBCD works in the windows environment. Is there a version or something similar that works in the Zorin environment?

Swarfendor437

Sun May 03, 2015 11:51:52 am

The problem comes down to UEFI (or EFI). Someone did write on here (could be wrong!) how to 'inject' EFI into Zorin - if that is possible then I guess it should boot from the GRUB menu but only if EFI is present - this would mean changing Legacy mode in the BIOS to Secure Boot (EFI).