This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

wireless trouble

zxqk

Sat May 16, 2015 5:14:51 am

My laptop broke so i moved the drive to a desktop - it was a toshiba satellite - now its .. something else.
The wireless worked fine before and it used onboard wireless - now i have been using Alpha Long Range Usb adapters and neither of them work properly(they work with other computers) :? . i suspect there is a driver problem but have no idea how to purge the old drivers and install fresh ones. Right now i am using a hard connection and it works perfectly but i want to be able to go wireless for obvious reasons. When using the wireless its slower than dial up and worse - i have to keep disconnecting and reconnecting to navigate on almost every page , every move i make. please tell me how to fix this. otherwise the Zorin works flawlessly.

Swarfendor437

Sun May 17, 2015 6:57:42 am

Hi zxqk, and welcome to Zorin! Please be patient and wait for madvinegar our resident wireless expert. :D

madvinegar

Mon May 18, 2015 7:04:28 am

Can you please open terminal and post back here the results of the following commands? The usb adapter(s) should be pluged in.

lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
lsusb
sudo lshw -c network
lsmod
sudo rfkill list all