This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

AWN not loading

goldfish173

Wed May 20, 2015 9:50:00 pm

Hi
Have found that since i moved AWN (panel mode) to the top of the monitor screen it no longer loads at start up. Can anyone suggest a workaround for this, or is it a known bug? :?

Thanks in advance.

Wolfman

Thu May 21, 2015 5:02:35 am

Hi,

see this section "More info about the AWN panel (Avant Window Navigator)" here and re-install AWN and/or start it with the terminal (you'll have to scroll down as the links don't work on this forum, sorry!):

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

Swarfendor437

Thu May 21, 2015 12:03:54 pm

It could be an issue with 'indicator3 applet' - notifications.

You could always try installing Cairo-Dock DE?:

download/file.php?id=3356&mode=view

You can move the panels around with this DE too.

You may also want to consider:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7983

goldfish173

Sat May 23, 2015 3:32:49 pm

Thanks for your replies. I have tried reinstalling AWN re "More info about the AWN panel (Avant Window Navigator)" but no change. It seems that AWN loads but it doesn't SHOW. Could this be to do with my dual monitor NVIDIA (resolution) settings?

Swarfendor437

Sat May 23, 2015 6:31:59 pm

goldfish173 wrote:Thanks for your replies. I have tried reinstalling AWN re "More info about the AWN panel (Avant Window Navigator)" but no change. It seems that AWN loads but it doesn't SHOW. Could this be to do with my dual monitor NVIDIA (resolution) settings?

That information would have been helpful in your OP! ;)

Wait for Wolfman to respond! :D

Wolfman

Sat May 23, 2015 7:45:30 pm

goldfish173 wrote:Thanks for your replies. I have tried reinstalling AWN re "More info about the AWN panel (Avant Window Navigator)" but no change. It seems that AWN loads but it doesn't SHOW. Could this be to do with my dual monitor NVIDIA (resolution) settings?

That would have indeed been helpful info!.

Look for the resolution settings on your monitors and set them to auto configure!. :D

goldfish173

Sat May 23, 2015 8:26:08 pm

Wolfman wrote:

That would have indeed been helpful info!.

Look for the resolution settings on your monitors and set them to auto configure!. :D

Sorry Wolfman. I didn't think until i read "More info about the AWN panel (Avant Window Navigator)" that it might be the dual monitor NVIDIA settings. I have AWN back, but now the NVIDIA settings are not the same for both monitors. Which i can't figure out because both monitors are the same make and model, and therefore the same native resolution, surely? :?

Wolfman

Sun May 24, 2015 7:56:21 am

Hi,

use (install) xrandr to set your monitor settings:

Code:
sudo apt-get install arandr

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NvidiaMultiMonitors

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolution

http://christian.amsuess.com/tools/arandr/

"ARandR is a visual front end for XRandR 1.2/1.3 (per display options), which provides full control over positioning, saving and loading to/from shell scripts and easy integration with other applications."