This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

sound lib codecs deleted

Zorina

Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:54:12 pm

High
since almost 3 month I am a happy Zorin Ultimate user.
I also tested the light version with codecs 32 bit on my old netbook Zg5 acer, 1GB ram LOL
and the light version really impressed me. I was never impressed by any window version , thow
At the moment I have my Yozo office open , Keepass running ,
Maxthon Browser which is quite heavy on even 2 GB normaly.
I have my LXpanel on top and a fency cairo dock dancing on the bottom it's a dream came true :P

But the dreamer (me) got so excited, that I made a smart upgrade in synaptic manager, without paying to much attension
it deinstalled my audacity and the library codec depends.
It does also effect my kodi media center aswel the sound of my headphone
I do have sound with the normal media player..

I attached a picture of the missing libs depends showing up in synaptic manager.
If you can give me a smooth solution for that. I don't want to make to many mistakes..
I did make a home partition for worst scenario..which I'm good in, worse scenarios.,

After we fixed it, I definatly make a vid of how great this lite Os is..
cause I red that only the ultimate 64bit version is good enough.
I know better... :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:04:10 am

Hi, Please read this thread 'carefully' and see if it helps!:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/502207/u ... pendencies

Wolfman

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:40:09 am

Hi,

open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) and paste the following command, then restart:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libav-tools flac faac faad sox ffmpeg2theora libmpeg2-4 uudeview mpeg3-utils mpegdemux liba52-dev mpeg2dec vorbis-tools id3v2 mpg321 mpg123 libflac++6 totem-mozilla icedax lame libmad0 libjpeg-progs ubuntu-restricted-extras gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly gxine libdvdread4 totem-mozilla icedax tagtool easytag id3tool lame nautilus-script-audio-convert libmad0 mpg321 libavcodec-extra

It doesn't matter if some of the packages are already installed, the above are codecs only!. :D

Zorina

Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:31:20 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) and paste the following command, then restart:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libav-tools flac faac faad sox ffmpeg2theora libmpeg2-4 uudeview mpeg3-utils mpegdemux liba52-dev mpeg2dec vorbis-tools id3v2 mpg321 mpg123 libflac++6 totem-mozilla icedax lame libmad0 libjpeg-progs ubuntu-restricted-extras gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly gxine libdvdread4 totem-mozilla icedax tagtool easytag id3tool lame nautilus-script-audio-convert libmad0 mpg321 libavcodec-extra

It doesn't matter if some of the packages are already installed, the above are codecs only!. :D

Sry wolfram for my late responze to you...I did copy and install all this BUT from 43 installed codecs, it resolve only one problem ..the libflac 6++ was no error anymore.
The rest was the same. No Audacity install possible !! I figured the codecs of yours are for DVD and my netbook doesn't have DVD.
I did a fresh install now.. But thx for trying to help :=

Zorina

Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:49:46 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, Please read this thread 'carefully' and see if it helps!:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/502207/u ... pendencies

Hii Swarfendor437..I red and tried and installed and deinstalled and red again the Zorin lighrt tuttorial nothing helped!
It was like I'm back to Windows-OMG
I thought maybe the gstreamer 1.0 was to old and I tried some newer version from gstreamer side too, but that was not possible.
I mean I got the libvacs 54- and all I needet was getting it up to 55.. infact just an update..but nothing worked,

Than I thought if anybody here just tell me what codecs Lxde version is using than it could be done, maybe.
BUT I've waisted to much time already, so I figured to reinstall is easier than gooing on like this.

Still I like to know what Zorin lite LXDE basic codecs are and how to refresh my basic codecs, if anything like this happen again.

BTW from reading all this stuff I learned a lot. I did read it before but I'm new to Linux so reading twice made more sense.. :idea:
THX for bringing me the link. :ugeek:

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:26:48 pm

Wolfman? :D

Wolfman

Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:54:52 pm

Hi,

Audacity should install no problem, where are you trying to install it from?, the following terminal command (Ctrl + Alt + t) should install it:

Code:
sudo apt-get install audacity

Check your software settings against the update guide please:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

There should be enough codecs already installed in Zorin to keep you going!. :D

Zorina

Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:24:59 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

Audacity should install no problem, where are you trying to install it from?, the following terminal command (Ctrl + Alt + t) should install it:

Code:
sudo apt-get install audacity

Check your software settings against the update guide please:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

There should be enough codecs already installed in Zorin to keep you going!. :D

Actually it started when I made the dist-update that gave me new packages and said audacity no longer needet and it was getting uninstalled..
I thought it will install a newer version..but after that Audacity was gone and I could not made the apt -get install or ppa-daily install for audacity anymore..
Nothing worked out!

I also did the package repair..which did not help too...it was like back in windows ..I tell you codecs can fuuh you up..and it seems to be the same in linux.

There have been for sure more possibilties for fixing it..but for me this was the end and time for new install.

Anyway I saved the link from you.. the whole site, to my evernote..[ THANK you again :mrgreen:

Wolfman

Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:55:51 am

Hi Zorina,

is this solved now?. :D