This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Don't update Me-TV

Wolfman

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:40:14 am

Hi chaps,

don't update me-tv (version 2) as it doesn't work correctly, to stop it updating, open Synaptic > Package > Lock Version > which will prevent it from updating!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Wolfman

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:31:15 am

Hi swarfendor437,

no; Me_TV is exactly named as written, it is for DVB-T reception, the problem is that the new version (2) doesn't have an auto scan function, if you already have the previous version installed, you might be good to go, that said, I cannot say that for a fact, I tried to scan with the new version but unless you have a .conf file ready to use, you will have no reception!!.

If you want to try me-tv, you can download a deb package from here (make sure you lock the version or it will update to the new one which doesn't work correctly):

http://linuxappfinder.com/package/me-tv

Wolfman

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:10:23 am

You are welcome old chap!! :D

transadd

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:06:21 pm

Wolfman wrote:You are welcome old chap!! :D

Thanks from me too
Only recently using Zorin Version 6 , thanks for the tip of not upgrading Me-Tv
After stuggling with other applications and other Distro's I have finally been able to watch and record DVB-T using Me-Tv
Me-Tv Version 1.3.6-1ubuntu0.2 which I find almost perfect but I will stick with after your warning.

Regards John