This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin Background Plus

corstra

Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:18:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I searched the forum for a similar subject and couldn't find one so I made a new topic. Here it goes.
I've noticed that Background Plus fails to launch. So I ran it in terminal to see why it failed to and got this output:

cor@cor-EB1021:~$ background-plus
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/background-plus", line 148, in <module>
BackgroundPlus()
File "/usr/bin/background-plus", line 42, in __init__
self.set_icon_from_file(applogo)
glib.GError: Failed to open file '/usr/share/pixmaps/backgroundplus.svg': No such file or directory

I have no clue as to what caused this to happen. How can this be resolved? Thanks in advance.

Cor

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:43:40 am

Hi, that appears to suggest that the graphic is no longer present causing the crash - is this a new installation of Zorin 9 Ultimate? Did you check the md5sum of the image before burning - or rather the md5sum of the 7-zip file before extracting? :D

corstra

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:48:07 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, that appears to suggest that the graphic is no longer present causing the crash - is this a new installation of Zorin 9 Ultimate? Did you check the md5sum of the image before burning - or rather the md5sum of the 7-zip file before extracting? :D

Sorry for the late reply, I was on holiday ;) Yessir, Zorin 9 Ultimate. This occurred after a software update. After much frustration I completely reinstalled Zorin Ultimate and went through the forementioned software update. Again it happened: no more background plus. When I returned from my holiday I installed another update and guess what! The problem was fixed. So, I'm glad. I suppose I wasn't the only one...?

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:41:35 pm

Please be sure to do a full system update after any installation - check out Wolfman's guide on how to do this before attempting to update any individual apps/packages:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2054