This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED)QUESTION ON INSTALL BESIDE WINDOWS

bongski55

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:16:20 am

Sorry for posting here in case wrong section. I am new to Zorin.

I would like to know what the automatic installation does in partition if during installation of Zorin 9 core I select " install beside windows". I have a ASUS netbook with drive C:(156GB) with windows 7 and drive D:(145GB) with data.

Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:54:29 am

For peace of mind, DON'T!

Please run Zorin in 'Live' mode, NOT INSTALL! and take a screenshot of your current partitions.

1. Launch Gparted (just enter gparted in the Win7 search menu of Zorin.

2. Once you see the drive layout in GParted, launch 'Screenshot' in Menu | Accessories - make it a 5 seconds before taking the full screenshot as sometimes it does not take correctly.

3. Open the screenshot file and save the file as a .jpg

4. Upload to the forum using the 'Upload attachment' tab below the 'post' window. :D

bongski55

Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:17:09 am

I went ahead and installed Zorin beside Windows 7. A separate partiton was created from the second windows partition which I use for data. A 4 GB swap partition was also created. After installing Zorin I updated the system. Now I have a perfectly working Zorin linux Installation. I also used Easy BCD to boot but here I made Zorin the default.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:53:53 am

Hi, Glad you got sorted friend! :D