This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Running Stashmate in Wine

TXCajun

Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:57:43 pm

Greetings all. New here.

I just did a search using the keyword "Stashmate" and didn't see any hits, so I thought I'd open a new topic in hopes of getting some guidance.

I am trying to run Stashmate (Database manager) in a Wine environment within Zorin. For reference: http://www.stashmate.co.uk/

The software shows no errors (as it did when trying to install within Wine running on Mint) when installing and I get a nice little link to the executable. When I double-click on the icon, it acts like it is starting and I see the intro splash graphic, but then it hangs and doesn't finish loading.

This is my second try at installing a program in Wine and both were with this specific program. Yes, I could probably find a Linux app to do the same thing, but the work on the interface specific to this genre (scale modeling) has already been created and I have several lines of inventory already entered within Stashmate and I'm not keen on doing it again if I can help it.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

v/r
TX

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:40:06 am

Have you tried installing using PlayOnLinux?