This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 10 upgrade

GRider258

Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:31:26 pm

So we have been using OS9 exclusively since February. I absolutely love it, but now I see that OS 10 has been released. Would it be hard to upgrade to OS10 without losing my files, programs etc... on the current OS9? I know this may be jumping the gun here as this question may be answered in a faq eventually, but I didn't see any posts about it. The installation guide offers some help with this, but do I have to really re-download all of the programs that I use in order to install OS10? I use a ton of 3rd party software such as QT creator, LTSpice etc.. and it seems like it would be pain to re-install everything.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:08:43 pm

Just be aware that Z10 will be a developmental release and NOT Long Term Support. The current release is a Release Candidate (Alpha - or 'almost there but not quite). So don't jump the gun. Wolfman's post install guide covers migration so check it out under Global Announcements - the last thread. :D