This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

PASSWORDS

Erndog

Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:58:05 pm

When I start up my computer I don't need to enter a password but while in my browser (Google chrome) I am asked to enter my password for various apps. How can I get it to stop asking me for what is a an already a saved password.
I'm using OS 9
Thx

Swarfendor437

Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:12:26 pm

Hi erndog,

Is this the keyring password by any chance? :D

Erndog

Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:04:48 pm

I have to enter the pw for each specific app. ex. yahoo, netflix etc. etc.
What is a keyring pw ?

Swarfendor437

Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:45:18 pm

Hi Erndog, a keyring password is something that can come up when you keep accessing the internet - its a bit like a token password in addition to your login password but it can be ignored/disabled. What you are describing are user accounts, e.g., Netflix - if you are wanting to watch on computer you will have to sign in with your email address and the password you setup when you got a Netflix account - so I am guessing that thos other items you mentioned such as Yahoo! etc will be of the same ilk. Please advise if I have got the wrong end of the stick! ;) :D

Wolfman

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:02:02 am

Hi,

are you logging in as "Guest" instead of the normal user name?. :D As "Guest", you cannot do anything and will be constantly asked for the admin password or simply ignored!.

Erndog

Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:05:08 pm

logging in as normal user

Wolfman

Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:48:20 am

Hi,

are you using a Google account within Google Chrome?. :D If you are, that has its own security and has nothing to do with Zorin OS, you might need to check your Google account settings if you are indeed using a Google account!. :D