This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

default zorin desktop

jerdi

Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:20:32 pm

Dear All
Please if you can help me, for some reason I am not able to login to zorin when using the default zorin graphical intf, but if I change to for example GNOME flashback or any other interface I can login, I am using ZorinOs 9.

any Idea please?

jerdi

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:44:22 pm

HI, have you added Gnome-full by any chance or made modifications of installing different DE's (Desktop Environments) to the standarde one? Have you done a full post-install update as outlined in Wolfman's excellent guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2054

:D

bongski55

Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:10:45 am

How do you get back to the default Zorin desktop if you do something wrong? Like a system reset?

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:49:53 pm

Hi, I think that is going to be tricky if you have somehow corrupted the Zorin DE by adding something else - as a rule of thumb, "If in doubt ... DON'T!" ;)

I would be tempted to do a fresh install but back up all your /home folder first (Ctrl+ H to show hidden files), then copy and paste to another Drive/USB thumb drive and do a fresh install - I made similar mistake when 'messing' with Zorin 9 - so you are in good company! :lol: