This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Installing Driver for Broadcom 43227 wireless card

Plumbmaggott

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:17:35 pm

Hello all

I am new to Zorin os after many years running windows and I am trying desperately to load the driver onto the Zorin os9 to run my Broadcom 43227 wireless card in Acer 5750Z
So far I have managed to find details regarding the code for extracting the zip file( from the broadcom web site for linux) once it has been placed on the desktop, also loading the zip file into the downloads folder extracting it here then further code to load it from here - both of these methods were not recognised codes for the system?? and as i found them here quite excited at first until the realisation set in that they don't seem to work. Have also tried to use the play on linux app within Zorin to get it to work from here but at this stage I had somehow lost the ethernet driver so could not get the file or even find it on the system from here.

Can anyone supply any help - preferably for the layman or that actually gets the wireless card running in Zorin.

It looks and runs very well as an OS and I am quite keen to move gently away from windows - HELP!! please anyone with a solution to get online.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:14:18 am

Hi, Please be patient and wait for madvinegar or Linx. ;) Please note, the installation section of this forum is in respect of installing the OS not drivers! ;)