This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] low graphics message first boot from installation

obie67

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:20:11 pm

Zorin 9 OS installed alongside of another Zorin 9 OS - When booting first time after installation I get a message about low graphics and when I peruse the various options, they don't work. Click about going to default or something and nothing happens. Click on -open session in low graphics this time only- and it just goes black, no boot completion. How do I get the graphics to be what they are supposed to be? Is there something on the installation disk I am missing? Thanks :|

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:50:44 am

Assuming that you see a GRUB menu where you get to choose which OS you wish to boot into, Press E to edit the boot parameters and enter 'forcevesa'.

Keep us posted! :D

obie67

Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:40:34 am

Thanks. I am getting in by selecting "Zorin" instead of selecting the specific Zorin on the menu choices. [I have 2 Zorin OS 9 installed.]

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:20:42 pm

Hi, so can this thread be marked as [RESOLVED]?

obie67

Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:53:28 pm

I guess so, I am getting into the new installation from the "Zorin" choice at the top of the menu, so don't need to bother with the specific selection further down. Thanks :-)