This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Not enough free disk space

shirley fields

Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:08:41 am

when i try to install updates i get this
Not enough free disk space
The upgrade needs a total of 81.2 M free space on disk '/boot'. Please free at least an additional 21.5 M of disk space on '/boot'. Empty your trash and remove temporary packages of former installations using 'sudo apt-get clean'.

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:14:00 am

Hi, I think that there is an issue with how you have configured your installation of Zorin - /boot should only really be used if you are having maximum Primary Partition issues such as installing alongside Windows 10 for instance and should only be used for storing GRUB under such scenarios, or you have a split SSD with small 'drive 1' when 'drive2' has most of the space for the OS.

Please could you boot using your Live media that you used to install Zorin.

1. Go to Menu | System Tools | Administration and run GParted.

2. Go to Accessories | Screenshot and change the time before a 'current window' screenshot is taken to 10 seconds, then click on 'Take screenshot' button (might be 'capture' responding in Windows as I write this) then be sure to left click the GParted Window so that it is taken with screenshot.

3. Open the image which will get placed on the desktop using the inbuilt Image Viewer and just rename the file to .jpg from .png as it might be too big to upload to here as a .png.

How to upload to this forum in my instructional video here:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v385833212XzmANbj

Wolfman

Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:25:03 am

What is your partition layout like?:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2601

Do you have another copy of Zorin OS already installed?:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4848