This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Problems with Wine icons

classicgamelover1985

Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:01:07 pm

Its been since 2014 and this issue still hasn't been answered? I'm having the same issue. TRYING to install minecraft lol, but how can I if in the properties, under permissions I can't tell it to allow the program to run as an executable because it unchecked it each time I try to check it it auto-unchecks it if you will. lol. This is annoying but kind of funny too. Can we please come up with an easy fix for this? I really don't feel like doing too much work on this linux issue as I am a newbie crossing over from windows and don't care to stress over this if that's okay with this lovely community.

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:00:10 pm

Hi, moved your post as you had not followed this thread!!!:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7393

The OP of the thread you hijacked was referring to System Updates, not what you were requestion!

Reminder, hijacking threads can lead to a temporary ban - continuance a permanent one! ;) ;)

Please see my answer to your other (related) post! :D

Wolfman

Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:33:06 am

classicgamelover1985

Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:44:46 pm

I didn't mean to hijacka thread. I asked twice accidently. Thought the page messed up. I was wondering why my question wasn't posted yet, I didn't realize it said the post had to await approval first. Sorry about that.

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:17:42 pm

No worries friend! ;) :D

Wolfman

Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:16:52 am

Is this solved/sorted or can we close this thread as I am getting confused!. :D

I posted an answer here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9537

classicgamelover1985

Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:27:10 pm

Solved, I copied the minecraft pic and used that as an icon. Saved it in the doc folder.