This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Bluetooth Keyboard not maintaining pairing

mghayes

Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:01:54 pm

Hello all,

I am running Zorin OS 10 (and very impressed with it) on a desktop PC and am experiencing an issue with the Logitech bluetooth tablet keyboard that I use. Initially it is recognised and I can pair it without difficulty, however after a power off/reboot the device is listed but it won't connect. The only way I can fire up the keyboard again is to delete the exiting entry and add a new one. This pairs as expected - until the next reboot, where I have to repeat the procedure.

Any ideas how I can sort this out? Pairing the keyboard every time I turn the PC on is a bit tedious.

And in case you are wondering how I get by entering the password during boot-up when the bluetooth keyboard hasn't yet connected - I have the Onboard keyboard installed :-)

Thanks in advance, Michael.

Wolfman

Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:29:10 am

Hi,

install the following packages via the terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t), "blueman bluetooth bluetooth-touch" and see if that helps:

Code:
sudo apt-get install blueman bluetooth bluetooth-touch

then you will have a graphical interface to manage your bluetooth devices!. :D

mghayes

Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:39:04 am

Thanks for the suggestion Wolfman. I had installed the Blueman but it didn't help me resolve the issue. After running your suggested install I couldn't find bluetooth-touch though.

I have done quite a bit of searching for a solution to this problem but no joy yet. It seems that I am not alone though :-(

Swarfendor437

Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:37:37 am

I think there was an issue some time ago where Bluetooth issues related to Logitech Keyboards - here is another possible solution as I think the youngests who had (and I need to replace it!) has Zorin 4 installed I had to use a ps/2 keyboard and then attach wireless keyboard after install. NO GUARANTEES! :D

[UPDATE: Run Synaptic Package Manager (Menu | System Tools | Administration | Synaptic Package Manager) and enter 'logitech' ;) :

55.jpg

Wolfman

Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:42:25 am

Hi,

have you checked in Zorin Menu > System Tools > Preferences > Startup Applications to see if Bluetooth is starting with the system?:

Startup Applications Preferences_008.jpg

mghayes

Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:00:31 am

Thanks for the additional suggestions. This sounds a bit dumb but I didn't think of searching for Logitech in Synaptic - probably because I didn't imagine it would have proprietary stuff like that. Anyway I did the search, loaded up anything that sounded vaguely useful to keyboards . . . and got the same result :-(

But, one of the files I added in synaptic did add an entry in Startup intended to keep the connection alive after boot. I tried it out but that didn't solve the problem either.

It seems after scouring the Internet that this has been a problem for Ubuntu for years that appears to be associated with the Bluez package.

Once again, thanks for the suggestions.

Michael.

Wolfman

Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:56:52 am