This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Weather Applet

crazyfunkman

Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:51:44 pm

Hey Folks,

I tried to install the Weather Applet to the AWN panel and got an error message. Error states the pynotify is not installed or in the wrong place. I fired up Synaptic and found two pynotify packages. I tried both of them and neither did the trick. The error message window has a button to visit the AWN Wiki but the link opens Firefox to a "Server Not Found" page. I Googled for the AWN Wiki and the top hit was for an Arch wiki and I couldn't make sense of anything on that page and looked through a few more page hits and can't figure this bugger out.

I tried using the directions in this forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7983

I downloaded the package and when trying to install it kicked back an error saying in newer version is already installed. Per the above post and the link to the Ubuntu page, I confirmed I have all of the dependencies installed.

Has anyone else had this issue or is there a fix for it? If not, is anyone out there in Zorin-land using a good Weather applet on their panel?

Thanks again,
Tim

P.S. - I'm using Zorin 10 Core 64 Bit on a HP 14-b150us TouchSmart Laptop

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:23:01 pm

Hi, Wolfman answered this a while back, check his post install guide. I use the add-on applet whilst in Cairo-Dock DE.

Wolfman

Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:29:29 am

Hi,

use the Clearweather desktop screenlet, see the post install guide for more details and this section: "Desktop Screenlets:":

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054