This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin wallpapers

mdiemer

Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:14:21 pm

Anyone know where I can get some nice desktop background pictures? I mean full-size, like the ones that came with Zorin.

Swarfendor437

Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:53:38 pm

Hi, I have created some Zorin Wallpapers (and non-branded and other distro wallpapers) on gnome-look.org:

http://gnome-look.org/content/search.php

When you get to the above page in the 'Description contains' enter 'Zorin'

and in 'Poste by' enter 'swarfendor437'

Please ignore single quotes when entering - there are other makers of Zorin wallpaper so don't restrict yourself to me - just leave 'Posted by' blank! ;) :D

mdiemer

Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:52:01 pm

Thanks! I'll check them out!

Wolfman

Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:55:29 am

Hi,

open Synaptic and type "wallpaper" in search, all the previous versions of backgrounds will show in the list but DON'T CLICK ON ARTWORK!, select the wallpaper bundle(s) you want and then on apply!.

mdiemer

Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:09:33 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

open Synaptic and type "wallpaper" in search, all the previous versions of backgrounds will show in the list but DON'T CLICK ON ARTWORK!, select the wallpaper bundle(s) you want and then on apply!.

What do you mean by "open Synaptic?" Is it a program in Zorin, a web page - ? (Forgive my ignorance).

crazyfunkman

Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:24:57 am

Synaptis is the package manager used for Zorin. It is found by clicking the Menu button, then System Tools, then Administration. Once open, you can search for a specific package by name or type wallpaper as Wolfman stated. Synaptic can be used to install/remove software and to update the OS.

Once you pick the packages you wish to install click Apply, review the changes then OK to download and install your selections.

Have fun!
Tim

Wolfman

Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:57:33 am

Thanks for the info about Synaptic Tim!. :D

It will look like this, just double click each package you wish to install and then as Tim said, on "Apply":

Workspace 1_018.jpg

Synaptic Package Manager _019.jpg

All those packages with a green box on the left have been installed!.

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247