This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] uninstall zorin 10

steeev

Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:57:18 am

hi,
i installed zorin 10 core 64 as a dual boot with windows 7 from a disc, and although i can get as far as login, when i do all i see is my wallpaper, with no icons to click - i have the mouse pointer, but obviously can't click anything with it...

so i need to uninstall and reinstall - is there a thread anywhere here for this ? ( i couldn't see one )

any info appreciated,
steve.

Wolfman

Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:40:08 pm

Hi Steve,

start your PC in recovery mode and run DPKG per the update guide and see if that fixes the problem:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

A NETWORK CABLE CONNECTION IS REQUIRED FOR THE ABOVE TO WORK!.

Did you follow this advice when creating your boot media?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:40:43 pm

Can you boot into Windows 7? Is it a notebook or desktop? Do you have the original Windows 7 Disc? At the very least create a 'repair disc' from Windows 7 - just enter 'repair disc' in the search bar in Windows 7 Menu because if you remove Zorin you will endup with a non-bootable system! (That is why it is best to dual boot this way:

https://vimeo.com/110085401

You will need a repair disc to restore your mbr - boot with Windows 7 disc or repair disc and use advanced options for repair - choose the command prompt and change from X:/ to C:/ and enter:

Code:
bootrec.exe /FixBoot

and

Code:
bootrec.exe /FixMbr

steeev

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:35:50 am

hi, thanks for the replies - the DPKG method worked for me