This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Is anyone else having Firefox issues?

crazyfunkman

Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:20:43 pm

Hey Folks!

I was wondering if anyone has been having issues with Firefox. I have been on and off the web today and Firefox has repeatedly become non-responsive. The window dims and stays that way so I do a forced quit and it opens back up just fine but with 20 minutes or so it freezes up again. I only have one or two tabs open at a time and neither of them have a bunch of flash or anything I can see that would cause it.

Thanks!
Tim

Wolfman

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:09:23 am

Hi Tim,

have you added any add-ons to FF?. :D

Swarfendor437

Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:44:17 pm

I can't comment at the moment due to Windows crashing and now I can't access my Zorin 9 - I have had Opera go dim on me but gradually 'unfreeze' on whatever version of Zorin I have been using - the upside to my 64-bit 9 not being accessible is that I will do a fresh install (possibly to 32-bit) and check Firefox is OK - I don't know if I clicked on a setting to limit web page jumps but everytime I am on here, even when logging on, I get the security question of 'Firefox is wanting to open a different page' and I have to click on 'Allow' all the time! You aren't using the RC candidate are you? That crashed on first use. ;) :D

crazyfunkman

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:00:33 pm

Hey Guys!

Hope you are well! And, I think I got it figured out...it is an extension deal.

Other than the stock out-of-the-box extensions I added a YouTube downloader and it asked to also install an FFMpeg (I think that's what it was called) along with the YouTube thing so I did. I finally got sick of the faded window of immanent Firefox death so I purged Firefox and did a fresh install without any extensions and bang...all is well. I did add the ZenMate extension for Security/VPN browsing and a GDrive extension back on and everything has been running correctly today. Not really sure as to the technical details as to why the YouTube extension caused issue but in any event, all is well in the browsing arena today!

Gonna mark this one as solved!

Thanks again guys!
Tim

Swarfendor437

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:28:40 pm

Hi crazyfunkman,

Recently YouTube changed its licencing arrangements which have effected apps like SMTube big time. :D