This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin will not work or install

ExTankerDriver

Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:39:37 pm

Hi,

I don't know what happened, but I was using Zorin 9.1 and I deleted files I shouldn't have. I MADE A BOO BOO. I decided to just reinstall Zorin 9.1. I put the DVD into the tray, rebooted, and selected to boot from the DVD as I have done in the past. I get the Blue screen with the Zorin emblem, then about 5 minutes into the boot process the screen goes blank. I watch the CD/DVD access light (and that continues to flash) for about another 5 minutes then it quits too. I move the mouse, I get nothing. I try pushing keys on the keyboard, I get nothing. I have even downloaded the [paid for] Zorin 10 Business edition - same problem. I have added memory, but the original install worked. I have a better video card, it worked with the original install but not now. I have gutted my PC and tried to install Zorin with a bare minimum system. Still nothing. What happened?

Swarfendor437

Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:50:48 pm

Hi when you boot, do you ever see the symbol of a man = keyboard? This should be what you see first and then press enter - this should fill up your screen with different language options with English highlighted - press Escape then press F3 to choose the correct language for your keyboard, the press Escape once more and now select F6 - alternative boot options - you may need to try each one in turn to see which will help get you booted to live mode! :D

Wolfman

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:47:51 pm

Hi,

did you follow this advice when creating your boot media?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771