This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Increasing Font Size

mdiemer

Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:42:16 pm

Hey, I can't seem to figure out how to get larger text for my 63 year-old eyes! I remember that Windows had a way to do this, but I can't see how to do it in Zorin.
The text for the forum here is perfect. How can I get larger fonts in general? On Firefox, I can hit the plus sign in options, but I have to do it every time.

SeverusCold

Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:24:42 pm

mdiemer wrote:Hey, I can't seem to figure out how to get larger text for my 63 year-old eyes! I remember that Windows had a way to do this, but I can't see how to do it in Zorin.
The text for the forum here is perfect. How can I get larger fonts in general? On Firefox, I can hit the plus sign in options, but I have to do it every time.

Firefox -> Settings -> Content

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:48:04 am

Hi, Not having a working Zorin at moment you need to have either gnome-tweak-tool installed or dconf-tools (which creates dConf Editor in System Tools) installed via the terminal (Ctrl+ Alt+ T) and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool

Code:
sudo apt-get install dconf-tools

http://askubuntu.com/questions/19770/ho ... their-size

mdiemer

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:04:25 pm

Thanks Sawrf, the gnome tweak tool worked. I still have the problem of the weird color change I accidentally caused. Still working on that one. Not sure if the second tool you mentioned will help that, but I'll try it.

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:00:31 pm

Hi, no worries - glad to be of help! :D Have marked as [SOLVED] :D