This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 10 OS Wifi and other issues

ACERD

Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:57:24 am

Hi everybody,
I am a newbie for Linux OS and I have installed Zorin 10 OS on my 160 Gb External Hard Drive.
I love the Zorin OS looks and the Window like structure and features.
I have few issues while Trying this OS dual booted with Windows at my Primary internal HDD and Zorin at Ext. HDD.

1. the WiFi internet Speed I found in Zorin 10 very very slow it shows more than hour for a 40 Mb file.
I have very good speed Internet WiFi with 4 mbps speed and Download speed of 400 kbps.
the Internet Performance is very slow, I request for any suggestions to increase the Speed like I use to get in Windows.
2. I am unable to integrate the Internet Download manager with Firefox(in-built Browser) as it is not found by IDM in fact.

3. I would like to know whether if I can install the .exe files normally as I used to do in Windows?
thanks in advance for your valuable support.

Swarfendor437

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:45:59 am

1. OK, wifi, I am guessing you are somewhere in the Middle-East and from brief research your MTU speed should be set to 1500 - which is strange as that equates to 'Automatic'. Double check what your MTU is with your ISP provider and if it is anything less than 1500 you will have to enter that in the MTU field for the Wifi connection - right click the wifi icon and select 'Edit' - the network manager interface should open up listing your network connections - select the wireless option and then click on 'Edit' to the right - a new window opens and that should show the box for the MTU.

2. Search for 'Down Them All' but be warned, using such an add-on can corrupt downloaded .iso images of Operating Systems and should not be used to download any future releases of Zorin! (Even in Windows!)

3. You should check if the application you want to install is supported by WINE (Wine Is No Emulation) here:

https://appdb.winehq.org/

and their commercial wing:

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/

Hope this helps! :D