This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

No keyboard on startup

vx900

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:12:06 pm

Hi all

been a windows user since before the internet and want to get away from it.
I have a compaq laptop which the internal keyboard has been unplugged as it
is faulty and I use a wireless one instead.

I installed Zorin on it and after a few very long hangs and retrys it finally went in
but a wifi or usb keyboard will not work on the blue boot screen, both keyboards
work fine to access the bios and I have gone through all the legacy settings and tried
different things but I still cant get either keyboard to work with zorin.

Before putting zorin on the laptop i run zorin from a dvd and it worked great and i was
pretty impress with it which is why i decided to do a fresh install.

can anyone give me pointers on getting it to detect the usb on startup ?

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:29:24 pm

Hi, If it is a Logitech keyboard this might be the issue (wireless). I have had issues before with wireless keyboards that use a transmitter (Trust) with another distro quite a few years back - my solution was to put a wired (in this case ps/2) keyboard (I am aware there are no ps/2 ports on a Notebook!) during install then put the wireless on after and it worked - no guarantees though!

This might be worth browsing:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5440

Wolfman

Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:06:16 am

Hi,

this seems to be a common fault on Linux with wifi keyboards/mice, I can really only recommend a small USB KB/mouse (direct plug & play) without the transmitter thingy!, that said, you can take a look here if you like a challenge:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/113984/i ... -supported