This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] linux os 10

spiros

Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:11:26 am

1/// helo i get the zorin os 10 in my pc and i dont now how to make some Regulating of the scrin i have the monitor and my tv conected and i can not seperated them, what ever you can see on one scrin you can see on the other. i want to make the monitor my main scrin and my tv the second scrin
2/// i want to change the language from the keyboard
3/// and the scroal from the mouse is raning like hell how to Regulate it
i post this masege also in greek if some one knows ansuer in greek

για σας εβαλα τα linux zorin os 10 στο πισι . και δεν ξερω πως να κανω καπιες ρηθμησεις πχ.

εχω δυο οθονες και δεν μπορω να της διαχορησω . οτι κανω στην μια γηνετε και στην αλη . η οθονη την τηλεορασης που ειναι η δευτερη γηνετε η κηρια και με παιδευει. η γλωσα δεν βρησκω απο που αλλαζει στο πληκτρολογιο και η αναληση των οθονων ενω την ρηθμηζω αλαζει και η ροδα του ποντηκιου τρεχει σαν τρελη και ενω βρησκω καπιες ρηθμησεις για το ποντηκι δεν αλαζει κατι στη ροδα

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:40:30 am

Hi spiros and welcome to the Zorin forum! :D

Wish I knew Greek my friend, Καλώς όρισες (used Bing Translator)

1. With regards to your screen issue, can you try to connect your TV after boot? Also take a look in 'synaptic package manager' - Menu | System Tools | Administration | Synaptic Package Manager - you will be asked for your login password before Synaptic launches so that you get elevated to 'root' (administrator), and search for 'randr' (http://www.x.org/wiki/Projects/XRandR/) in the little seach box in the middle near the top. If it ffinds any such packages, check mark the box on the left, then click on 'Apply' button. If it states that it requires additional packages then accept them or it won't work.

2. Wolfman has covered changing the language in his post installation guide - you may need iBus checked but think that this is more to do with Asian languages. Wolfman's post install guide is here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2054

3. With regards to the mouse scroll speed there might be a setting in dConf Editor which you need to install by opening a terminal (Ctrl+ Alt+ T) and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install dconf-tools

You will be asked for your password but you will not see any asterisks or dots when you enter in a terminal so be careful - you get three attempts before being dropped back to a normal user and have to start over - if you do just use the up arrow on the keyboard (cursor keys) to repeat the last command.

Keep us posted!.

1. με αφορά στο ζήτημά σας οθόνη, μπορείτε να δοκιμάσετε να συνδέσετε την Τηλεόρασή σας μετά την εκκίνηση; Επίσης, ρίξτε μια ματιά στο «διαχειριστή πακέτων synaptic» - μενού | Εργαλεία συστήματος | Διοίκηση | Συναπτικό διευθυντή συσκευασίας - θα σας ζητηθεί για τον κωδικό σύνδεσής σας πριν από το Synaptic εγκαινιάζει έτσι ώστε παίρνετε αυξημένα «ρίζα» (διαχειριστή), και ψάξτε για «randr» (http://www.x.org/wiki/Projects/XRandR/) σε μικρό κιβώτιο seach στη μέση κοντά στην κορυφή. Αν αυτό ffinds οποιαδήποτε τέτοια πακέτα, ελέγχω σημαδεύω the κουτί στα αριστερά, στη συνέχεια κάντε κλικ στο κουμπί "Εφαρμογή". Εάν δηλώνει ότι απαιτεί επιπλέον πακέτα στη συνέχεια τις αποδεχθεί ή δεν θα λειτουργήσει.

2. η Wolfman κάλυψε η αλλαγή της γλώσσας σε οδηγό εγκατάστασης του θέση - μπορεί να χρειάζεστε iBus ελέγχονται αλλά πιστεύω ότι αυτό είναι περισσότερο να κάνει με τις ασιατικές γλώσσες. Οδηγός εγκατάστασης του Wolfman θέση είναι εδώ: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2054 3. Όσον αφορά την ταχύτητα κύλισης του ποντικιού ίσως να υπάρξει μια ρύθμιση στο dConf Editor που θα πρέπει να εγκαταστήσετε, ανοίγοντας ένα τερματικό (Ctrl + T τις) και πληκτρολογήστε:
Code:
sudo apt-αποκτώ εγκαθιστώ dconf-εργαλεία
, θα σας ζητηθεί για τον κωδικό πρόσβασής σας, αλλά εσείς δεν θα δείτε οποιαδήποτε αστερίσκους ή τελείες, όταν πληκτρολογείτε σε ένα τερματικό, οπότε να είστε προσεκτικοί - παίρνετε τρεις απόπειρες πριν πέσει πίσω σε ένα κανονικό χρήστη και πρέπει να ξεκινήσετε από την αρχή - αν το κάνετε απλά χρησιμοποιήστε το επάνω βέλος στο πληκτρολόγιο (πλήκτρα δρομέα) να επαναλάβετε την τελευταία εντολή.

Κρατήστε μας δημοσιεύτηκε!.

spiros

Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:28:11 pm

nothing hapens i boot the pc first and conect the tv after and nothing with the mouse , also i do not know how to change a program with keyboard i know only windows how to

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:17:05 pm

Hi, well I suggest you try installing randr or xrandr depending on what shows up in 'Synaptic Package Manager' as this is the utility for controlling second screens.

As for changing programs, do you mean using the 'Windows key'? This is no longer available with Zorin Menu, but you could get it back if you install GnoMenu - see my video here:

https://vimeo.com/135585793

Wolfman

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:16:35 am

Hi,

open System Settings > Hardware > Displays and click on "Detect displays" then on "Mirror displays":

Displays_001.png

See also:

https://www.maketecheasier.com/configur ... or-ubuntu/

Have you installed any drivers for your graphics card?. Paste the following terminal command in a terminal and copy and paste the results and post them here so we can see what graphics card you have:

Code:
lspci

You will end up with something like this and we are interested in the highlighted part, in my case it is an Nvidia card:

wolfman@fred1:~$ lspci
00:00.0 RAM memory: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Memory Controller (rev a1)
00:01.0 ISA bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 LPC Bridge (rev a2)
00:01.1 SMBus: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 SMBus (rev a2)
00:01.2 RAM memory: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Memory Controller (rev a2)
00:02.0 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 USB 1.1 Controller (rev a3)
00:02.1 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 USB 2.0 Controller (rev a3)
00:04.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI bridge (rev a1)
00:05.0 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 High Definition Audio (rev a2)
00:07.0 Bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Ethernet (rev a2)
00:08.0 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 SATA Controller (rev a2)
00:08.1 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 SATA Controller (rev a2)
00:09.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI Express bridge (rev a2)
00:0b.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI Express bridge (rev a2)
00:0c.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI Express bridge (rev a2)
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 10h Processor HyperTransport Configuration
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 10h Processor Address Map
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 10h Processor DRAM Controller
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 10h Processor Miscellaneous Control
00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 10h Processor Link Control
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF108 [GeForce GT 430] (rev a1)
02:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GF108 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
wolfman@fred1:~$