This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Missing clock cannot access volume icon in Zorin 10

nonso392

Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:55:04 pm

Missing clock and cannot access speaker icon in Zorin 10 "core". SEE IMAGE

I wanted a second panel and installed Plank at the bottom. I now placed the Zorin panel on the left side of the Desktop, however, I cannot see the clock nor access my speaker icon from the "Indicator 3 Applet". Is there a fix for this?

By the way, I have installed the "dconf Editor" to eliminate double clicking and to clear the Trash and Home icons from the Desktop.

I really like your distro and thanks in advance!

T

Wolfman

Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:17:02 am

Hi,

I would put the Zorin panel at the top for starters, I would then make sure my system is fully up-to-date per the update guide and change the desktop theme as that is often the culprit behind the missing clock:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

See themes section here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

Swarfendor437

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:48:38 am

I would remove plank and install Docky instead - you get an Analog Clock in the Dock that you can Add once installed! ;) :D - and possibly Audio/Speaker.

Or you can try this solution!:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7983

nonso392

Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:06:48 pm

Thanks guys! I will consider your suggestions. Currently, I UN installed the "Indicator 3 Applet". I then installed "Slingscold", which allows me to call up most every application in an instant. I went ahead and installed "Conky" and for now...I'm a happy camper :D SEE IMAGE.

T

Wolfman

Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:14:21 pm

As long as you are happy, I have marked this thread as solved!. :D

nonso392

Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:57:04 am

Thanks Wolfman, you are a great guy!