This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Help Installing Zorin Ultimate

mdiemer

Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:24:17 am

I downloaded Zorin Ultimate 9. There is a red X next to the download. I hope this doesn't mean it's corrupt. I tried but could not figure out how to install Hash-Check, so I'm just hoping it's not corrupt. At this point, I am drawing a blank how to burn the ISO. When I extract the download, I get a message asking me where I want to restore the image, with the choices being my hard drives. I don't want to restore an image obviously, I want to burn an image. Please help!

crazyfunkman

Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:57:57 am

Hey mdiemer,

What OS are you using to do the download, extraction, and DVD burning? Windows, Linux, or...?

Tim

mdiemer

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:30:28 am

Thanks for getting back to me, cfm. I'm using Zorin Core. I think I just got it burned finally. Now to see if it installs OK.

mdiemer

Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:33:40 am

Got it installed! Some work to do now to bring it up to speed...

Wolfman

Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:27:40 am

Hi,

just to point out that "Warzone" is pre-installed in Ultimate and you might have a problem updating the music package, if you don't use WZ, remove before you start doing your updates, open Synaptic and search for "warzone" and remove all the packages with a right click on each!.